Website Insight: Version 4.0
Spotlight On Your Website
by Anthony V. Toscano
I could ask you to tell me about the reasons you write. But if I did so, you'd likely tell me stories. "I write because I need to understand myself." "I write because I want to become famous." "I write out of habit. FACT is that I began to write when I was three years old and my mommy told me to drink warm milk and then be quiet."
I do not believe that all writers want to be read. I suspect, however, that many do.
So now the call to arms, my friends.
Are you a paid member of SLO NightWriters? Do you have an author's website or a blog? If your answer to both of these questions is yes, then I have one more question for you.
Would you like the webmaster to place a link to your site on our new MEMBERS' WEBSITES AND BLOGS page?
If your answer to that last question is yes, then . . .
Easy Lesson #4 (Version 3.0 of this column contains Easy Lesson #3):
Help The Webmaster Feature Your Website On Slonightwriters.org
1. Go to SLO NightWriters' HOME PAGE @ slonightwriters.org.
2. On the left, sidebar menu, find and click the item labeled MEMBERS' WEBSITES AND BLOGS.
3. Read, study, play with and enjoy the page.
4. Send me an email message. My address is email@example.com. Inside the body of that email message, please include:
- Permission to place a link to your site on SLO NightWriters' website.
- The link/address/url of your website or BLOG (see the red arrow in the following picture for an example).
- A BRIEF blurb about yourself (50 75 words is the acceptable standard, written in the third person). See any of the current listings for a sample.
- A jpg photo of your pretty face (no more than 200 x 200 pixels).
And now here's the dreaded deadline part of this article, because I require lead time in order to do you justice:
I need to receive this information at least two weeks before you'd like to have it placed on our website. Please.
Please, advertise the fact that a link to your website or blog exists, along with links to other members sites, on Slonightwriters.org's website. If you put in effort to help me place a link to your site on SLO NightWriters' website, but don't promote your own participation in SLO NightWriters, then your link sits unattended. If you advertise the link's presence, you'll likely increase your readership.
So how can you promote your featured link?
- Talk with your readers, colleagues and friends about SLO NightWriters.
This is an important one, friends. Because I'm planning Version 5.0 of "Website Insight" as a Q & A. I'd like to hear your questions and comments about using our website. If you'll please send me those questions and comments, then I'll do my best to answer them. Send them to me at my email address. Place the words, WEBSITE QUESTION, in the subject line of your message.
Please remember that I'm here to help you. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or come on down to Tex Buffalino's Home-Style Ribs and join me for lunch. I'm there most days, long about high noon.
Happy clicks to you, until we meet again.For Version 5.0, that is, wherein we'll discuss members' questions and comments regarding SLO NightWriters' website.